Saturday, April 28, 2012

I can't be wrong, can I?

You know what? Nathaniel is taking too long so I'm going to make some predictions for the Best Actress 2012 Academy Award myself.

So, without any doubt, the Best Actress nominees will be:








Keira Knightley for Anna Karenina














Carey Mulligan for The Great Gatsby














Kathleen Turner for A Perfect Family














Viola Davis for Won't Back Down














Marion Cotillard - Rust & Bone







I'm guessing that (which with all the guessing today?) you feel a bit confused about my Turner and Cotillard predictions, right?
Well, I'm certainly far less convinced I'm sure about these two guesses than the other three but
a) I want Turner to be nominated OK? I haven't seen the movie yet but that's beside the point.
b) Cotillard seems to be close to a nomination every year after since 2009 yet she still hasn't managed a second one and I think that her working with a director like Audiard will be helpful for her chances even if the movie is in french. Hey, she won for speaking french in a movie!
Re: Viola, I have no idea how good or baity her film will be, but really, she will probably be great and win this time. Unless they think Kathleen just can't afford to lose again.But judging by the trailer of her movie, it doesn't seem like the kind of film you win for.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, interesting predictions. Kathleen Turner looks kind of creepy these days ( :

    I just watched Anna Karenina( 1997) this month with Sophie Marceau in the lead role. I feel the story would be better as a mini-series on TV, I think the same duration problem will be the case for the 2012 adaptation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you say Kathleen looks adorable? Indeed ;)

      Anna Karenina could indeed go any way from brilliant to horrible. I'm really anticipating that movie.

      Delete