Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I've missed you too

It feels good to be back after 10 years! It wasn't that long? Really? Any way.


In case you thought I saw a new release and came here to talk about it.. Do you even know me?? :p


I watched The Scarlet Empress and I liked it a lot.

I liked the visuals, the music, the acting and the story. I only give it a 7/10 but I'm not sure why. I'm surely difficult but I find it odd that I can't give it at least an 8/10.

There are so many things in this movie to get you excited. The difference between an idea of a world of silly rules regarding one's behavor and how that world actually works. It was a great gift to watch Dietrich show how her character changes over the course of the movie. I liked the Empress's cynisism and practical mind. So many things.

I think my favorite part is the sexual innuendoes. This 1934 movie is sexier than many erotic films I've seen. Which are.. zero. Of course.

This was my first Sternberg movie and it made me want more although I think this is regarded as his best or second best or something.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you!

    I am trying to think of a project to focus on and not just post randomly (though I won't stop doing that). Haven't decided yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think about something you really like a lot and write about it. Something you're passionate about. That usually makes for the most interesting posts, both for you and the reader.

    ReplyDelete