Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Princess>Lady

I recently watched two movies that I liked. My Fair Lady and Princess and The Frog.

While as I said, I enjoyed both movies, the legendary classic bored me many times whereas the recent, not that high praised animated movie offered me a really great time. Am I completely immature? Am I pathetically clueless on what good cinema is? Whatever the case, the less admirable cartoon felt much more powerful.

It wasn't very original but that's why I give it "only" an 8 out of 10.

Hepburn's movie was cute, intelligent and silly at the same time, and had a unique identity. Still, it didn't feel as magical as I wanted it to.

I think the problem was Hepburn. While she was good, she didn't make me care about her character enough.

So, the grades are:

My Fair Lady 7/10 (almost 6)
Princess and The Frog 8/10 (almost 7)




"He liked us!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment